2021 Open Enrollment is over, but you may have options
Marketplace Open Enrollment for 2021 health insurance ended on December 15. If you missed this deadline, you might be able to purchase or change 2021 coverage in three ways:
- With Special Enrollment Period
- With Medicaid and CHIP
- Through NewMedicare.com
1) Through the Special Enrollment Period (SEP)
- Since the 2021 Open Enrollment Period has ended, you can now sign up or change the existing coverage Marketplace plan only if you experience a life event that qualifies you for the SEP or Special Enrollment Period.
- A change in your circumstances, i.e., getting married, having a child, or losing health insurance, may qualify you for this program.
- Contact your Marketplace service provider to check your eligibility.
2) With Medicaid or the Children’s Medical insurance Program (CHIP)
- Medicaid and CHIP provide free or inexpensive health coverage to numerous Americans, including low-income individuals, family members, children, pregnant ladies, the elderly, and individuals with impairments.
- You can request either program at any time throughout the year. If you meet specific requirements, then you can register right away.
3) Through NewMedicare.com
- If you cannot enroll in this period or missed Open Enrollment deadlines, you can apply through NewMedicare.com and obtain a suitable health insurance plan.
- Medicare offers personalized coverage options that help you get the right insurance plan that meets your requirements. Visit our website NewMedicare.com and get a quote now.